September 24, 2007

It's That Time of Year Again ...

Yes, school has started. The great feeling that you get to talk with your friends, meet the new people and get all your new books is gone. The teachers are already talking about tests. Some- no, most- of them are already giving tests and giving you more and more homework.
So, what am I doing at this time of year? I'm taking as many tests as I know I will do well in, reading books, doing stuff early... you know what I mean!
But even though that's now very exciting, my life sure is. God makes sure of that!
School is exciting => my Math teacher didn't want to give me a 4(B) even though I was OK with one
Home is exciting => lots of people around, 2 younger sisters, yummy dinners, fun games to play...
Town is exciting => tours to give, stores to go to
Something else that is very, very exciting is AFRICA! => Although I do have work to do, it's fun and I can't wait to start studying James with the others who are going! =)
And the most exciting thing is GOD Himself => learning about Him through His Word (the most amazing book), praying to Him with new ways learned at Camp, talking to people about Him, sharing my thoughts about Him through poems ... I could go on forever!

2 comments:

Ellie said...

I'm trying really hard not to be jealous that you get to go to Africa. (Jealous of a missions trip? How lame can I get?!) But truly, I am so happy that God is giving you this opportunity to serve Him! How awsome! I can't wait to here how it goes.

-Ellie

Savannah said...

Same here. 'I am trying really hard not to be jealous that you get to go to Africa'. But, I am truly excited for you and I can't wait for you to tell me what happened! I am sure you are going to learn many things about the people there and about God. Like Ellie said it is a great opportunity to serve Him. I hope you even have fun and I am sure you will.